Companies looking for local deals face strong competition for quality assets and stakeholder scrutiny regarding acquisitions. M&A success starts with comprehensive diligence. it is the only way to understand if the deal is the right decision at the right price. We offer insight into a target company’s competitive positioning, product mix, operations, customer relationships and future outlook.
Using both historical data and predictive and social media analytics, we help companies focus on deal drivers that pose the most investment risk or opportunity for return.
Due Diligence Reviews
Due diligence reviews are typically carried out when businesses are involved in an acquisition, as buyers or sellers need to establish that the financial information they hold is as accurate as possible, not only to avoid paying too much (or in a seller’s case receiving too little) but also to assess whether their governance and risk management objectives are met Our reviews typically include an assessment of:
- The inherent strengths and weaknesses of the business to be acquired;
- The quality of assets available to support the issuance of debt or equity securities;
- The current financial position, including status of tax and litigation matters;
- Existing financial commitments and arrangements including leases, guarantees and bonding;
- The strategy for the future direction of the business including an analysis of projected cash flows and related sensitivities; and
- Exit route strategies for the providers of finance.
General Business Advice
We provide independent business advice for our clients by evaluating the financial and other implications of corporate activities, including issuing corporate debt and equity securities, restructuring, investments, mergers and joint ventures. We also evaluate the technical, operating, market and financial risks associated with such activities. The services that we typically offer include:
- Feasibility studies;
- Preparation of business plans;
- Benchmarking exercises;
- Corporate governance reviews; and
- Identification and evaluation of alternative structures and their implications;
- Advice on the appropriate treatment and presentation of financial statements; and
- Advice on implementing new financial, organizational or governance structures.
Our Transaction Support team assists our clients who wish to reassess their strategic options or raise capital for expansion and growth. We provide advice to public and private organisations, management teams and private equity providers on valuation, deal structuring and implementation.